Removing Neck Pain
Neck Pain is a very common physical problem in modern life. According to statistical data, 20 out of every 100 people in the world suffer from neck pain for different reasons in their lifetime. Your neck, or cervical spine, is constructed of vertebrae extending from the skull to the upper torso. The cervical disks in the neck absorb shocks to the head, and your neck supports your entire head, the weightiest part of your body, and allows it to move flexibly. Neck Pain is now a household problem irrespective of countries and cultures. If you’re feeling pain while moving your head or feeling strains while lifting weights, you need neck pain treatment.
Causes of neck pain:
Before starting your neck pain treatment, a chiropractor investigates the causes behind your neck pain as there are several possible causes. If you have some knowledge of the basic problems, then you can help your chiropractor detect the reason precisely. Here are some very common reasons behind neck pain:
- Cervical Spondylosis: Due to wear and tear, the cartilages and bones in the neck are injured causing severe pain in the neck. Sometimes the pain spreads all over the back and shoulders.
- Whiplash: Due to sudden shock in the muscles and ligaments during car accidents or a sudden fall from a height etc., the tissues around the neck are either ruptured or deformed severally. This leads to neck pain.
- Sprains and Strains: Sprains and strains often cause neck pain. You may have injured ligaments, tendons, muscles or bones due to any physical activities in the past which may lead to neck pain.
- Torticollis: This is a medical condition in which the head remains tilted in one side. This may be due to damage in the neck muscles or arteries and veins supplying blood. Torticollis is also called wry neck.
- Osteoporosis: This is a disease in which the bones in your body get thinner due to less formation of calcium in bones. This problem causes weakening of bones and disks in the neck. Pain starts growing as the bones rubbing against each other more vigorously.
- Fibromyalgia: This is a peculiar body syndrome causing severe pain due to some unknown reason. The joints in your body start aching slowly but suddenly. Pain occurs in tender points such as the back of the head, shoulders, elbows or hips. Mostly, women are attacked by this syndrome.
- The Rheumatoid Arthritis: This is an auto-immune disease in which the synovial joints are severally attacked causing erosion of the synovial tissues. Rheumatoid Arthritis causes weakening of neck bones and cervical plates and severe pain in the neck and shoulders.
There are so many other reasons for neck pain. It’s also a fact that neck pain may not be a disease itself but may be a symptom of other physical issues. So, you should take this matter very seriously and start neck pain treatment in time. Find out more about our NC Chiropractic services at The Joint.
Neck pain Remedies:
The neck is one of the most vital parts of your body! Through it, the head is connected to the rest of the body. If the pain is recurring, or staying constantly, you need to consult an expert who can start proper neck pain treatment for you. Though, before visiting a chiropractor you can go for some home remedies written below:
- Heat therapy: You can apply hot bags or warm pack on the neck and shoulder. Warmth around the neck helps in easy flowing of blood and relieves stiffening of muscles. While taking bath, avoid cold water; instead use lukewarm water which surely relieves some pain immediately.
- Cold pack: This is particularly effective when you get sudden injuries causing inflammation in neck muscles. Apply cold pack every half an hour; this is a very effective first aid in neck pain.
- Neck and Shoulder massage: Light massages for 15-20 minutes two times a day is very helpful in relieving muscle and joint pains in neck and a shoulder.
- Medicines: Over the counter inflammation relievers like ibuprofen, naproxen etc. or pain killers like acetaminophen, tramadol etc can be used to get relief from neck pain temporarily.
If these home treatments are not relieving your neck pain, you should consult a chiropractor immediately who can start your neck pain treatment. How will we start with your neck pain? Learn about spinal adjustments from The Joint today!